Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take off the truck acts like it isn't getting fuel and shutters before heart changes! What's wrong??

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sounds like you limped it. Do you have a check engine light on? If so, you need to read the codes and reset them.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Also, when did you last change your fuel filter?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bout 8k miles ago

·
Registered
897 Posts
Did you fill up at station that you have never used before, or a station that doesn't sell a lot of diesel?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No same place as usual is 8k to much? Truck didn't throw a check engine light

·
Registered
505 Posts
You might of gotten a bad batch of fuel change the fuel filter and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
It has already been said, but it sounds like to fuel filter is the culprit.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Have you done the FICM harness and ICE PICK FIX yet? These are 2 LLY specfic repairs that have similar symptoms. Google them, they are free easy repairs that if not performed WILL leave you stranded.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I have had the same problem. It was probably a limp without triggering the ses light. Did it last about 30 seconds, then clear up back to normal? The shuttering was basically a governing system that was quickly allowing power and cutting it to keep the rpm's at 2000. It feels very rapid in higher power settings, but still shutters in stock. Cheapest thing to do is read the dtc's. Then you know what to do.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I have had the same problem. It was probably a limp without triggering the ses light. Did it last about 30 seconds, then clear up back to normal? The shuttering was basically a governing system that was quickly allowing power and cutting it to keep the rpm's at 2000. It feels very rapid in higher power settings, but still shutters in stock. Cheapest thing to do is read the dtc's. Then you know what to do.
Shuttering is associated with your torque converter slipping.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I know that will make it shutter. Guess it was not the best way to describe what I meant. But I was explaining what happens when the engine limps. You know... IF you keep your foot down it's like you hit a rev limiter. But when it happens to me I bump up the power so it doesnt downshift. And that makes it hesitate/ "shuttering". But definately not slipping!!! Plus my TC is tripple disc aftermarket, and works great.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
limped for sure

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
When it happens to me I bump up the power so it doesnt downshift. And that makes it hesitate/ "shuttering". But definately not slipping!!! Plus my TC is tripple disc aftermarket, and works great.
I have never heard of a "Bullydog Built Trans or Bullydog tripple disc converter" What does the trans consist of and who made the tripple disc for them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts