Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have other electrical issues with gauges and lights, but today I realized that if its raining or wet out the truck stalls after I start it. There is no fender well on the passenger side, maybe that? At the end of my rope but I refuse to give up! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Will you more completely describe what happens? Does this happen just after driving in the rain?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You think? The ficm (has a breather plug, if it not on there put some sealent on there) might want to open it and make sure no water is in there. The alternator, and pulleys are right there waters more than likely being splashed by the wheel to the engine. Put the wheel well on it its like 20 bucks at any yard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will you more completely describe what happens? Does this happen just after driving in the rain?
Truck was Parked during a pretty heavy downpour. Afterwards I'd start it up, truck would crank over and run, but stall about 2 seconds after

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
A 2 second run-then-dies scenario sounds a lot like the security system is stopping the run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts