Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Lbz 2007 2500hd classic 4x4 ) So I let my brother use my truck and he called me and said your truck won’t start . So I told him to try the remote key start and it turned on put in the key and worked .After I inspected it I turned it off and turned it back on with the key everything was working until I drove home from work I noticed the AC control kept turning on and off and also my emergency brake light and ABS . So I get home try to turn the key and nothing then I tired the remote start and it cranks back on even the ac control and no dash lights ,that is until I turn the key the ac control immediately turns off and the lights are back on.scanned it and it says no connection to Tcm ,egr lowflow , and Maf. Which I replaced the maf right away . I’m stuck any idea what it could be . (First time posting ) sorry for the long post .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would check the battery cables and signs of a rodent, but throwing parts at it in my experience isn't going to fix the no communication codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the MAF yesterday and the code went away I turned it on this morning and it started right up kind of slow like if there was a problem with the starter but now my MAF code popped up again . So maybe it’s the Wc dry filter air intake?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
The MAF measures air density and it is calculated in part based on the cross-section of the air flowing past the sensor. if you change the cross-section of the tube holding the MAF, you are introducing an error into the MAF calculation. And that could be a poorly tuned engine or even DTC's.

Reactions: Chevy2tx

·
Administrator
16,848 Posts
I would stick to troubleshooting the system having issues before looking at other issues. Taking it to a specialized shop might be a good next step, but....

1. If you have a second key I would try that key to see if you have a chip issue in the key.
2. I would start troubleshooting the ignition wiring to validate you don't have an issue in that wiring.
3. Part of troubleshooting wiring would be to inspect for fuses.
4. Since this is an aftermarket remote start system, I would then troubleshoot that system thoroughly. The most likely issue exists between this and how it tied into the factory ignition.

After all that is addressed, if you have other issues that weren't obviously apparent while fixing the initial issue I would start troubleshooting them methodically.

Reactions: Chevy2tx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts