Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out of fuel today when pulling into my neighberhood, the Low Fuel Level light came on maybe 10 miles before it ran out of fuel. So i pulled off the the side of the road and then went and got 5gal of diesel and put emptied it into the tank. I primed the fuel pump and still wont start.... I ony pushed the primer maybe 4 or 5 times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will need to pump the primer on the fuel filter until it becomes very hard to push. Then crank the engine over a few times and if it still dosnt start then push on the primer again. Keep doing this until the engine starts.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Try priming it some more, you are bound to have air in the system.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Remove the bleeder screw and get yourself a bowl of Wheaties's, cause you are going to need them:D. Prime until you have a steady stream of fuel coming out of the bleeder screw. Now have someone else try and start the truck while you keep pumping the primmer. It may start and keep running, or it may start and die. if it die's open the bleeder and pump until the air is out again. :drink

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it. i was just worried that if i primed it too much it would flood it. But now i know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts