Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up the morning & nothing? Truck won't turn over? I pulled both positive cables off batteries to see if it would reset or something? Didn't make a difference!! Haven't put a voltage meter yet but lights are bright! Had to come in town to work so won't get back home till this eve!! Any ideas?? I would appreciate it!! O I've got a 08 Chevy 2500 W/ Duramax!! Bone Stock w/ 45,000 miles!! Thx Geo..

· Registered
674 Posts
Hmm no idea seeing the lights are bright.
When did you last run it?
Someone will chime in with a idea soon.....Welcome to the board.

· Registered
2,477 Posts
as in everything seemed fine you are saying that the truck ran great the day before and then nothing when you went to start it the next monring

· Banned
24,781 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :drink

It coule be something in the igniton or something simple. Did it crank over and not start or not crank at all? Seems strange being a 08. How many miles?

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
I'd say either ignition switch or your started is sticking.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tryed to mess w/ it some last nite but dident have much time!! I did re check both battires & they both were showing 12.5 V when you turn the key on nothing happens it's just dead & there's a code!!! It's got a truck w/ a lock around it!!! My Oldest Boy drove it last so who knows? But yes I tryed to un arm and re arm it!! It just acts like it's dead!! When I turn the key nothing happens???

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok just found out that my 08 has a recall on the ECM!!! The Dealer in town has to Reprogram the ECM w/ revised software that corrects the error!! Just wanted every one to know!!!! Thx 4 yalls input!!!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Engine died, codes set, blown fuse

2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 with Edge controller. Error codes set are U-1800 and P-0335. Found blown fuse, ETC/ECM 15a, replaced, blows as soon as turned on. Disconnected ECM and still found short (.04 ohms) on circuit side of fuse). Disconnected cable plugs on top of engine, and short goes open.

My questions are: do the crank sensors short out when they fail? and where the hell are they located on the block? We do not have a Chevy dealer here in Florence, Or. So I can't just tow it to the dealership to test.

Any ideas folks??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.