Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a little bit of lift out of my truck in a pretty economical way and thought the truxxx 3 + 1 kit looked pretty nice and affordable, and it says lets you clear 33's no rub.
anyone have any experience with these? also what are the advantages of them offering it with a 1" or 2" rear block option?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
238 Posts
you will be able to fit a 33" with a level kit and without blocks

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Its just the run of the mill torsion key kit with blocks... You don't need the blocks either but if you crank them keys up you will need them to level it better. Do a vendor request on here and see what are vendors will do for you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you dont think that the truxxx kit is any better than the others offered? i thought that it may sit my truck a little taller being that its kind of a middle ground from a regular 2" level and a 4" suspension, although correct me if i am mistaken, im working on limited knowledge here :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You pay for what you get, I would say you have to define "economical" because the concept behind torsion keys are just stronger and re indexed keys to allow the torsion bars to be cranked more putting more stress on the torsion bars, than what is ment. If it is leveling you want the cognito makes a good kit, it is like 400 bucks but I believe its a spindle lift... Keys may be economical at the time but they are known to put stress on front end parts which I had keys took them off, they made a horrible ride and I went through a few ball joints so it turned out to be not so economical... If all you want is to fit 33's I would crank the bars a little bit and trim, or buy the Cognito kit

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not entirely worried about the tire size, i just want to make my truck sit a little higher than stock. i want it to look a little bigger but not get a 4" lift mainly because it just isnt in my budget right now. i have looked into the cognito leveling kit a little

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I would save up and get the cognitos true leveling kit thats my opinion

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a bit steep at 490, or 700 for the kit with the bracing, but after reading norcals thread on the cognito kit it does seem worthwhile. now i need to find out if there is a spermbank around here anywhere so i can get some extra income :rof

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
oh yes, at $100 a pop it can become a quick career haha, never done it though.

another thing is if your not affraid of needles plasma goes for about $40-60 and can be done like every 2-4 weeks :rof

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha dang! Im not the least bit scared of needles being that I am a diabetic. ill have to look into that, a few weeks at each clinic and i could just get a 6" rcd :rof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts