Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 09 lmm, exhaust was already installed before i bought the truck so DPF is already deleted, but the EGR is still in place. this is my first diesel so i am not knowledgeable on the subject, but as i understand it there could be a blockoff plate installed or maybe not. Im wanting to make sure the EGR is deleted correctly but i cannot find any full kits for sale anymore, im assuming due to the EPA crackdown. All i am seeing is blockoff playe kits which to be honest look very cheap, but even they say sale will not be available after april 30, 2020 as i type this on the 28th. I really want to get it properly deleted before its too late but dont know what to buy, help would be greatly appreciated

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
'Delete' has different meanings, and different price$....disable can have similar results too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'Delete' has different meanings, and different price$....disable can have similar results too
Thanks for the reply, i have done more research and found the profab egr delete pipe still available, looking at buying that and also doing a wcfab y bridge as well, f** that blockoff plate stuff, i wanted the pipe originally just couldnt find one available anymore. Heres my next question, looking into the up pipe issue, looking at getting profab up pipe as well. is it just the pass side up pipe that feeds into the egr, or is it both? Havent seen that clearly explained, still trying to read what i can to fully understand this whole process

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
You can't go wrong with ProFab....his is what all the others copy.
Rick's tube comes with a support bracket AND a bridge strap, to keep it from blowing out. You don't need a new Y bridge with his pipe. And on the up pipe ?;
Here's an exploded view of all the goodies crammed in on the back, against the firewall:

LMMturboExh.JPG

the pass side up pipe #80, has a Y tube in it that feeds the #718 cooler. You can remove it and weld the riser shut.

However.....to remove that up pipe with the riser, you'll need to remove the #16 down pipe 1st.

And since you've gone to the trouble and labor to get that far (along with dealing with any stripped or sheared bolts at the pedestal, and there's always trouble there with heated and rusted bolts)...you might as well upgrade it all with Rick's up pipe set for both sides, AND his bargain priced $143 3" powder coated heat wrapped non-restrictive down pipe, instead of the flat restrictive heat shield arm severing stock one you have on it.

Keeps you from lighting up the suicide hotline when you get it all back on.....and find out the weak bellows on that old pipe is cracked and leaking.:eek:

And do yourself a favor and order the double up pipe gasket with the slots that drops in place, instead of wrestling with new #4 singles on each one. Worth the extra $1. I'd also replace the two lower #63 gaskets too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't go wrong with ProFab....his is what all the others copy.
Rick's tube comes with a support bracket AND a bridge strap, to keep it from blowing out. You don't need a new Y bridge with his pipe. And on the up pipe ?;
Here's an exploded view of all the goodies crammed in on the back, against the firewall:

View attachment 1076450

the pass side up pipe #80, has a Y tube in it that feeds the #718 cooler. You can remove it and weld the riser shut.

However.....to remove that up pipe with the riser, you'll need to remove the #16 down pipe 1st.

And since you've gone to the trouble and labor to get that far (along with dealing with any stripped or sheared bolts at the pedestal, and there's always trouble there with heated and rusted bolts)...you might as well upgrade it all with Rick's up pipe set for both sides, AND his bargain priced $143 3" powder coated heat wrapped non-restrictive down pipe, instead of the flat restrictive heat shield arm severing stock one you have on it.

Keep from lighting up the suicide hotline when you get it all back on.....and find out the weak bellows on that old pipe is cracked and leaking.:eek:

And do yourself a favor and order the double up pipe gasket with the slots that drops in place, instead of wrestling with new #4 singles on each one. Worth the extra $1. I'd also replace the two lower #63 gaskets too.
Hell yes profab uppipes downpipe and delete pipe it is. i cant thank you enough for how f*** QUICK you reply with in depth insight and information! Though ive read it in the past, im a new member to dmax forum, and it more than save to say im here to stay! Gotta get ricks parts ordered, also might go ahead and grab a fass while im at it so when i get my efi live done im all set.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
(y)
You'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of each piece when you start unwrapping it all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(y)
You'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of each piece when you start unwrapping it all.
I have no doubt, as the more i read the more people i see that love his products... surely hope he is able to continue Business without the epa riding his ass! Lifesavers, both of you!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Teaser pic :cool:

20190829_195758[2].jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts