Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some time last night and was anxious to look up my RPO codes. I started looking up my codes and searching googles on their meaning. Most I understand and makes sense. I noticed I didn't have a hitch and thought it was like that, but my RPO code suggests I had that option. I guess it was taken off.

Here is where I get confused. I got to the emissions section. Now I got bummed out when I got to RPO code NC1: California Emissions. But then directly under it, I have NC7: Emission override, Federal System. Now when I did my search on google and on here, it says FE9 is what Federal should be, but I don't have that code. When I looked at google, there was a page that came up that showed a better explanation of the NC1 and NC7 code, but again, both contradicted each other.

It explained that NC1 includes states that require emissions control. Pretty much the northeast. But NC7 listed those same states as not requiring. Now I looked under the truck and there is a muffler... I call it a muffler because I don't see any sensors pre or after the CAT. So that is why I am saying its a muffler. I also don't see an EGR, just wondering if it was deleted or not or if someone can help me understand those codes better.

TIA.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
What's your fuel filter head look like, the Cali LB7 had a weird filter housing, also do you have an air pump? If you have a cat it will be in the front pipe directly off the the down pipe. Also you can look at the sticker under the hood the "CATLIST" will list all emissions equipment installed on the truck. The hitch might of been removed, the stocker is a very very weak that is known to bend. Get you a curt no drill and be on your way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel head looks normal. Heater wire and WIF in normal places. I know I know, it looks like crap right now. I was going to replace the filter this weekend, but was afraid I wouldn't be able to prime it once I touched it. So I pumped the primer and it actually does a good job. In any case, I'm going to remove the head and wire wheel off rust and coat it with cold galvanizing spray and get the rebuild kit and just refresh the seals. The sticker isn't under the hood.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts