Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a dsp5 tune from you guys. I have a 2005 lly ext cab short bed with 4" mbrp turbo back, egr blocked and finger sticked and afe mouthpiece. I'm looking for a optimized stock tune, a good fuel economy tune, a single tow tune that can be good for pulling a 15,000lb equipment trailer, but also have the capalbility to tow under that. With the tow tune all you do is add hp up to a certain percent so the egts arent so high? Also can I hit the tow haul button and how will that work in a tune not tow specific? Also a safe street tune like 85hp so I can romp on it without roasting the tranny to hard and then a race tune that isnt 100hp more so near 95hp? so it won't kill my tranny I'd use this from redlight launches.
What do you recommend for me for tunes?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It sounds like you know what you want. I would suggest giving us a call tomorrow and ask for Bob. He'll be able to take care of any questions you have an get you setup. Thanks.

-Scott

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the tow haul button work in a non tow tune ?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
How does the tow haul button work in a non tow tune ?
The exact same way it does on a tow tune only you usually don't have the turbo brake

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But does it change shift points as it would in a tow tune but in a non tow tune? Putting aside money now! Can't wait

What hp tune for street and race so it will be a ire roaster but still somewhat safe for my tranny?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
But does it change shift points as it would in a tow tune but in a non tow tune? Putting aside money now! Can't wait

What hp tune for street and race so it will be a ire roaster but still somewhat safe for my tranny?
Your stock tranny is never safe when you increase HP and TQ. How "safe" it is depends on how much you abuse it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The factory tow haul button increases shift points to a higher rpm...

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
I know that tow haul does that. But the tow tune has nothing to do wit shift points. ECM tune doesn't control when transmission shifts. It'll shift normal in regular drive and shift how it always does In tow haul

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it worth throwing a coulple Franklins down for a TCM tune also.
I think most of the trans tunning is done when your making large power with a big turbo. Steve said "Your going to have a big laggy turbo, you dont want that you want to downshift and rip"... Something along those lines!

But when you get those high tunes it doesnt seem expensive at all, 200 bucks..that it.. And when you think about it, those shifts could be the result of you either winning a race, saving your trans life, and keeping your engine safe. And increasing over all driveability! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts