Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not came across many on here and seeing as how I am on the fence about the whole DPF delete/warrenty issue thing (chicken) may be a better term. I was wondering if there were any really bad tuner melt down stories out there..specifically on the LMM's. Good stories accepted as well LOL.

I was just about to order up, had the cart loaded talked to Nick and was about to push pay pal when a co worker came in and asked what I was getting. I told him EFI live and a pipe for towing and mileage. That is when he told me a story abut this guy we know paying 13K for a used ford motor after running a tuner :eek:

I do not want that to me be.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
fords always break..if you dont tow on a high tune. u will nto have a problem. as long as you dont floor it everywhere and break your tranny you will be fine

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
FORD, fixed on repairs daily...

like kyle said, dont run too big of a tune and you wont worry about hurting your tranny.

·
Registered
207 Posts
don't beat her and she will treat you well!

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
My truck has 28K miles of hard driving and I have run every DPF delete tuner available. I haven't had any issues and I haven't had any reports of any. The only issues I have ever encountered where with the PPE Hot+2 Race.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey meyers do you know anything about the sct sf3 3100 if it is a good programmer or not, I just ordered one but i have not got it in yet?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
SCT has awesome tuning for the Ford. I have not done much with the GM and SCT first hand. But I feel comfortable telling you it's going to be a good unit.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
x2 with nicks tuning you wont go wrong,

the only problems ive seen are people (rarely) cracking pistons, usually on big PPE tunes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks alot man! that eases my mind, I just didnt want anything real aggresive and smoke my tranny, mostly bought it to boost my MPG's

·
Registered
32 Posts
red, that shouldnt be the prob with the sf3 i wouldnt think it only has a gain of about 105hp and 215 ftlb on max tune! pretty mild !!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well from what I have been reading and been told a 90HP tune should not hurt the LMM, I think I may pull a bit more with the truck stock this summer May and June, I only pulled September and October a bit last year. If nothing happnes I will wait for the Edge CTS to come out as a stand alone and then do the EFI live.

Thanks for the input guys.
Phil

·
Registered
32 Posts
Meyer I will give you the run down on it after I get it installed.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Well from what I have been reading and been told a 90HP tune should not hurt the LMM, I think I may pull a bit more with the truck stock this summer May and June, I only pulled September and October a bit last year. If nothing happnes I will wait for the Edge CTS to come out as a stand alone and then do the EFI live.

Thanks for the input guys.
Phil
You will be very happy with that combination, especially Nick's tunes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Phil, i think you and I r in the same mind set. I think we will be alright as long as we keep our foot out of the firewall! in my younger days I was like a crack head when it came to power, I was always jonesen for a lil more!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I have learned all about modding and more modding with my Honda rincon, they will not take a DGL, 28" outlaws, lift kit, jet kit , 12:1 JE piston, low grind cam and a CDI tuner while pushing out a grizzley in 3 feet of mud and water. They tend to drop the tranny which is in part the engine which = $3500 LOL.

But I do not think I will rank on my truck like I do my toys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts