Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the diesel scene. I have a 2016 gmc 2500 6.6 LML. I leveled it out. I installed air bags in the rear because I haul my camper and a golf cart in the bed. I’m running 33x12.5 r22
I want to put a tuner on the truck. And delete the egr and the diesel exhaust fluid tank. My question is. How is it done? Do I just do away with them components and use the tuner to turn off the “codes or lights?” Maybe a stupid question to some. But I’m just clueless. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Do a youtube searchfor videos....

That being said, the 2 big key components are you need to have a new "tune" installed on your ECM. This can be purchased and downloaded or you can pay someone else to do it. BUT, with recent EPA crackdown, many of the previous companies that provided the "tunes" are no longer offering non emission compliant tunes. 6 months ago, no problem... not so much now...

Might be easier to sell your truck and find one already deleted.

It can still be done, but alot harder. A few guys have reverted thier trucks back to stock...

Good luck..

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts