Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2500HD LMM with only 25000 miles on it. My budget is limited so I need to know what to do and what steps to do it in. If i get a tuner first will I benefit any from it before I am able to do exhaust and full delete on it.??
In other words I am asking what to do and in what order so that I dont get anything and not be able to use it before I can buy something else. My thoughts are is I want dependable truck for pulling a camper (8500lbs) some and then getting good fuel economy as I can. I read these forums and everybody says this and that, tuners, exhaust etc but I just want to know what order to start and get as I can.
Please help with ideas.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
how limited is your budget?

We offer package deals where you can get a dpf delete and exhaust kit for under a grand.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You can run a tuner with the dpf still on. Some tuners run better this way than others so I'd recommend doing lots of reading and research first. But with the right tuner you can run it until you can afford exhaust, then put your exhaust on and switch to the no dpf tunes and keep right on going. Only thing to be careful of is that your egts will be higher with the dpf on so I'd recommend towing on the stock tune until you get your exhaust installed.

I drive a dpf free lmm everyday so if you have any questions Id be glad to help.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts