Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that everyone likes the efi live, and I understand it. I have had a bunch of other brand diesel trucks over the years, and always straight piped, or mbrp, cold air, you name it. I actually like the quiet of the factory exhaust on this truck, and the factory filter system is good for up to 500 hp i have read... so, for an guy that doesn't stand on the gas a bunch, cares nothing about changing parameters in tunes and such, and just wants something that gets the mileage up with the egr block plate installed and gets the light off, that never pulls anything much heavier than a 20 ft bass boat, what would you guys go with? I have read alot, and see some good reviews on the PPE, I just really see no need of me buying a v2 if I am never going to truly utilize it. Thoughts?

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
Efi live autocal from atp or kory Willis. I don't see where people get the idea that efi is for fully modified race trucks. Most cases it's cheaper then a canned tune and the truck runs like a dream, you won't believe the difference till you see for yourself. Pull that boat with one of robs tow tunes with turbo brake and you'll be sold

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I believe replacing the exhaust is one of the crucial steps to acheving better mileage.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
no need to replace the full exhaust, but get rid of the converter to pick up some mpg.

you can just get an EFI live auto cal with just one tune. flash it in and be done. be much better than any boxed tuner

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Efi Live is best, but if you want a canned/boxed tuner I have an Edge Evolution CTS you can have... for a price

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer on the edge but it's looking like I will be calling ATP and checking into a autocal.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Good choice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts