Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running the diablo predator on my lbz. With 5'' t/b mbrp. I have the diablo set at 85hp. I am planning on a cold air intake, ppe trans mods when money allows. Before that I was debating to change from the diablo to an edge juice w/ attitude to monitor everything, and have the in cab adjustability. Or run a ppe hot, or a +2 with autometer gauges for monitoring. If I go with the edge I will stack with the diablo after trans mods. Or do get rid of the diablo, and go with ppe equipment. Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would personally would go with the hot +2 i have just the plane xcellerator nad love it i have heard alot of good things from edge but i like the ppe imo

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i don't have any love for banks....PPE all the way,and if the hot et 2 isn't enough buy the PPE duramaximizzer and stack that..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i know of and brand new 07 LBZ duramax with the banks pda and it destroyed the truck computer..go with the PPE or efi live

·
Registered
262 Posts
i got the ppe and almost wish i got efiluve but i like my excellerator

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Since you already have the Diablo, I would go for the Edge and stack them. That will give you on the fly adjustment and more importantly, gauges. I think this will be the most cost effective option, when yo uconsider the price of teh PPE and the Gauges that are required along with it. I would stay away from the Banks stuff personally.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
im curious, but has anybody put their ppe up to 300 before?
i run mine on the 350hp setting for every day use(getting 21mpg as a average)but then again i have a built tranny but on a stock tranny i wouldn't do it unless you plan on a built tranny in the future..i did run my ppe hot et2 on the high setting(350hp)and my chip(150hp)turned up for a while to see how long it would hold up and i was impressed by the stock ally it never went kabooom but it would limp very easily and it will cause some serious damage to the stock ally doing this but i was depending on my new tranny being in that that same week so it didn't really matter if the stocker went kabooom..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts