Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a tuner (EFI LIVe or any of the others ) do anything for a completely stock truck until I can buy an exhaust? I have a 2008 LMM and have asked about steps but i can't afford both right now. 1 at a time so can I buy tuner and get any benefits out of it until exhaust time?:help

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
They will increase mileage but it will be very minimal. It will be somewhere in the .5-1 mpg range.

We have tuner and exhaust packages for just over $600, if you would like more info let me know.

We have EFI Live and exhaust package starting at $930.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know dpf delete is best and tuner and full exhaust isfinal results that are wanted so are either one of these what I would need to be able to do other upgrades and not have to go back and add on to these later to get full benefits? Truck is 2008 and only 26000 miles so has a good bit of warranty left. Just do not want to do wrong thing and mess up more than i can fix.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
I know dpf delete is best and tuner and full exhaust isfinal results that are wanted so are either one of these what I would need to be able to do other upgrades and not have to go back and add on to these later to get full benefits?
Uhhhhhhhhhhh, you have to start there pretty much. Get a tuner that will allow you to delete the dpf, get an aftermarket exhaust system that replaces the dpf, and then enjoy. After those 2 mods alone you'll be a happy camper for a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does everybody go ahead and do these even with warranty left? Is there any problems I should look for or expect if I go ahead?

·
Registered
510 Posts
X2 Do them both man, you will love yourself for it

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
I have removed DPF's off trucks with less than a 1000 miles on them. The LMM Duramax has been essentially trouble free. You are doing it a favor by removing the emission equipment.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Some people wait until warranty is up, some don't. Some feel the added power and mpg are worth sayin to hell with warranty. It's up to you really. I don't/didn't see any problems resulting from the mods.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My dad did it to his 2010 with less the 30k on it bc he was sick of the shitty MPGs. I vote do it and you will probably save the truck from problems more the create them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like the LMM is a pretty good engine and a great truck. I am impressed so far but really need the better mpgs. Thanks for the info, sounds like I need to get started and save up for both asap.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These mods will pay for themselves pretty quick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts