Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a bit ago on my motorops efi live tuner and around 90 km/h the truck falling flat on it's face. A couple mentioned it needed a fass fuel pump because it was running out of fuel. I put the 60 hp tune in to see if that was the case and it's still running flat at 90 km/h.

When I say it's falling flat, I'll try and describe it as the truck won't shift down when it hits 90 km/h. Is it possible the truck is in 6th gear already when it hits 90 km/h?? When it hits 90 km/h it still accelerates at a steady smooth type power. But it won't downshift. I did email steve at motorops and he said they have no control over shift points with the tranny, so my question is what can I do. I've had efi live, edge, bully dog, and a couple others and never had the truck not down shift at any point in the 0-140 km range. Is this just nature of the beast with the efi tuner?

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
If you had/have the EDGE INSIGHT CTS one of the PID's shows what gear your in.
The other option would be to count the shifts including when the converter locks.
Also you could shift to manual and see what gear it's in when your at the speed your questioning.
The only one driving your truck is you, your going to have to figure out what gear your in.
EFI tuning does not change the trans, shift points.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried in manual and the shift points are there obviously when I down shift and all is well. When in auto I'll have to count shifts and see. That's about the onky thing I can come up with. I'll test it today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts