Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Tunes missing

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mykeg11 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out with me EFI live autocal issue I'm having.
My goal is to make sure I have a tune that is safe for towing.

Here is what is going on:

I just deleted my DPF and tried to use my EFI after a year of not using it.
I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but it looks like 3 of the 5 tunes have been deleted.

The EFI was bought originally from ATP with the following tunes.
1. Optimized stock
2. Heavy tow
3. Light tow
4. 90 hp
5. 120 hp

Now im only seeing this:
Prog 1 N/A
Prog 2 N/A
Prog 3 N/A
Prog 4 N/A
Prog 5 N/A

Full 1 Dsp Race
Full 2 Dsp Stock
Full 3 N/A
Full 4 N/A
Full 5 N/A

Does this mean the 3 of the 5 programs were all deleted?
And is "DSP Stock" the original stock or is it a tune to be used without the dpf?
I definitely do not want to run a Race tune as I have to tow my trailer and don't want to mess anything up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I presume your reading the tunes on your AutoCal, have you hooked you AC up to your computer using EFILive scan & tune V8 and EFILive explorer V7.5 to check what tunes is in your AC.

It’s possible your AC might need updated, but the tunes should not disappear.
Even though ATP doesn’t tune anymore your tunes should always be there until you delete them, they just don’t erase themselves.

I’m still running my first ATP tune that I got 6/2012.

As far as towing on a race tune, I’d be cautious and pay close attention to your egt gauge if you have one.
Hopefully if you plug into your computer for EFILive you’ll recover what’s missing on your AC.

One way to check to see if you still have the towtune is verify that your turbo brake functions.
You don’t have to be towing to check the TB.
When empty select level 2 and trans manual maybe 3rd gear, engage towhaul, start driving getting your rpms up to about 2500-2600 then let off the throttle.
If the turbo brake is functioning slowing you down like you threw out anker then when the rpms drop below about 1800 you start coasting I’d say your towtune is functioning.

Turbo brake functions with Robs towtunes.

#8 ·
DRC- I wish I did, but never hooked up Autocal to my computer because in my house we have always had Macs.
Now I wish i would have paid more attention and done it.
I think I better just buy a basic laptop to get things right with my tunes again. Its much cheaper to do that than to replace the drivetrain.

#9 ·
There’s suppose to be a way you can get windows on a Mac.
I have both but I don’t care for Macs operation.
I think there’s a small fee to do this windows file for a Mac, much less $ than a laptop.
I had thought about doing this when my windows was in shop getting updated, but didn’t.
I also have a laptop but we don’t get along that well.

Do a search on this, but in the meantime try the TB test to see if you have your towtune.
On your list it showed #2 heavy, #3 light.
I’d suggest only using heavy if you have it when towing.

I don’t have DSP tuning, just single loading one at a time, the process is different loading on a AC.
This is something someone else will have to jump in or do a internet search NOT forum search.

You could also join EFILive forums (free) for help if needed for some ?’s and answers.

#10 ·
Everything on your autocal is still intact. If you bought EFILive dsp tunes, that will show as a single tune on your autocal. You can’t switch between tunes on your autocal, they are switched with the DSP5 switch you have installed.

There might be a little confusion with what you have labeled as “RACE”. It isn’t a label as such as a “hot” calibration, but as a “emissions removed” calibration. Labeled as such since emissions removed calibrations are for “race/competition only, not for road use.”

Stock is emissions intact, race is emissions removed. Set desired tune calibration with your switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I don’t know how your DSP tunes that’s on your AC would show on your computer, I only have single tunes no DSP.
I know the loading process into your ecm is also a little different between DSP & single tunes.

#13 ·
I finally got to back up the tunes on a laptop.
You were right, the Race Tune and Stock Tune both backed up nicely and I was able to test the dsp5 switch and it seems to be working.
I do plan on running the lowest setting and tow mode to make sure my truck lasts a long time.
Thanks for all the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.