Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into getting a 2017 L5P and was looking into doing an exhaust and tune on it. So far looking into it it looks like it will run me about 5k with all the new tech it has to bypass. I was curious as to is that the only option available? My idea was to do a down pipe back exhaust with the dpf delete and an edge CTS2 tuner. Would that work or does the whole ecm need to be changed before any sort of tuning can be done? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m looking into getting a 2017 L5P and was looking into doing an exhaust and tune on it. So far looking into it it looks like it will run me about 5k with all the new tech it has to bypass. I was curious as to is that the only option available? My idea was to do a down pipe back exhaust with the dpf delete and an edge CTS2 tuner. Would that work or does the whole ecm need to be changed before any sort of tuning can be done? Thanks
CTS2 won’t tune the L5P. Only options are banks, edge and HP tuners. Hp tuners is by far most expensive 2-4K depending on if you self tune or have a place tune it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I suggest doing more research if you're serious about removing the DPF. Depends on if you are going to do the work yourself or not but it will be more than 5k to delete it properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I am new here. I just bought a 2018 l5p. Love the truck but the fuel economy is trash. I am looking to delete mine as well but I dont know anybody that will do it. Any info will be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I am new here. I just bought a 2018 l5p. Love the truck but the fuel economy is trash. I am looking to delete mine as well but I dont know anybody that will do it. Any info will be appreciated thanks.
Won’t find much online anymore, people don’t like sharing info due to tuners getting hefty fines. Keep looking on various auction sites... costs 3-5k depending on package

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could you point me in the direction of one of these auction sites?? Please and thank you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Could you point me in the direction of one of these auction sites?? Please and thank you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shine,

You're most likely not going to find anyone that will openly discuss this on the forums anymore. Dig around the forums a bit, and look into what the EPA has done and you'll understand why people are tight lipped. Good luck with your search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts