Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I have efi live and I love it! Robs Built tranny tunning is awesome! My buddy Just got a LLY and wants a towing tune. Can I tune his truck too? I dont know how to seperate the tow tune I have because its in dsp format. Would he have to buy It from Rob? Also would he have to buy a vin license? How much would this be? He doesnt want to spend the big bux for the V2 and all he just wants a better tune. Please help.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
You can get ahold of Rob and have him write you a tow tune for your buddys truck. Once he does this you can transfer it to his truck and not be out anything but the cost of the tow tune. You will use the second license that came with your V2 though. Additional licenses can be purchased for 99 dollars from EFIs site. It is possible to use the parameters on your tow tune to make one but unless you know what to change you should leave it to the professionals. Tow tunes are not big money it is the race tunes that are

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok That sounds good. How much would a tow tune probably cost?

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
I dunno... Call Rob and ask him. They are usually cheeper though. Rob may give you a better deal since you are a returning customer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Ill Call him tomorrow. Thanks for the help!! :drink

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The tuning will not "cross" over. Need a whole new tow tune built. My email is [email protected] or phone # 208-484-3670 are the best way to contact me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.