Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got through installing my tune from Kory along with the fass 150, 4" flo pro, and fuel filter delete to wrap up phase 1 and was wondering what I need to do as far as driving instructions (if any) on my first run out of the garage? Do I need to do something in particular for the tranny to "learn" anything or am I fine to just go about my merry way....just spent a load of $$ on these and really dont want to hurt my truck on its first rattle out of the box...

Any help will be appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
174 Posts
When i put mine on i just took it easy for a week to give it some time to learn and everything has been fine on my truck. Enjoy those tunes :drink

·
Registered
364 Posts
The trans will learn your driving habits. A typical trans relearn (if you're not using a tech 2) is to drive it around as you'd normally drive. You won't hurt it as long as you don't go full idiot and do tug of wars and just all around beat on it.

Have fun and enjoy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys....I just back from my inaugural stroll and wow...this thing is bat shit crazy fast...I just drove it normal to the corner store and put some fuel in it and on the way back I had to push the pedal a little farther than normal just see whats up....WOW. I so wish I would've done it sooner now...thx for the advice and ill be installing guages this afternoon to round out the project for my weekend...cant wait..lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts