Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a LBZ. After doing some reading and researching...I am aware that anything after the LBZ will be very hard to delete because I would have to find a tuner that would make a "race" tune for it. This is the reason why I am looking for a LBZ instead, and let's not forget all the great things I read about it either. My question is: can I put a turbo back exhaust on a LBZ with no tune? If not, can I put a cat back exhaust on with no tune? All I keep reading is basically good luck trying to find someone to do a tune for a delete. I could care less about rolling coal I just want the enhanced sound to hear the turbo whistle! Thanks for any input/advice in advance and if my take is wrong on the 07.5-10 let me know so I can expand my buying options!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I’ll suggest to leave the cat, delete the stock muffler straight 4” catback you should have turbo whistle with a pleasant exhaust sound, not to loud.
Going downpipe back open exhaust you’ll probably loose any turbo whistle that you might have had.
I had mine this way and I liked the whistle, as soon as I went downpipe back I lost it.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,377 Posts
I’ll suggest to leave the cat, delete the stock muffler straight 4” catback you should have turbo whistle with a pleasant exhaust sound, not to loud.

Going downpipe back open exhaust you’ll probably loose any turbo whistle that you might have had.

I had mine this way and I liked the whistle, as soon as I went downpipe back I lost it.

Isn’t that the other way around?

Removing the Cat and running a straight exhaust you will have a turbo whistle. That’s going down pipe back.

Running a straight exhaust with the Cat you will loose the turbo whistle as the Cat acts like a muffler.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Not on mine, that little back pressure with the cat apparently helped.
Stock down pipe, stock cat with 4” out with a hiss tune, mine had a nice whistle like a stealth jet while idling.

Went with a Diamond Eye down pipe, quiet tone front pipe, no more whistle, but I did gain more exhaust stink, louder open exhaust which covered up what whistle I had along with annoying drone.

Even with my hiss tune I lost the whistle idling, then I went with my rumble tune.
I eventually put my stock cat back on because of the exhaust stink, with a rumble tune it pretty much takes out the whistle turbo vane position
8%-30% idling, I do prefer the rumble idling.

With the cat back on with my hiss tune back in I gots a little whistle back with the turbo running 75-80 % idling, but again I prefer the rumble.

Maybe others works different 'dunno;, I’m going by what mine did.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Mbrp down pipe, 4” straight all the way back. Mine whistles loud and sounds beautiful in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts