Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was messing around with my buddy in his cummins and we ended up doin a little drag race on a back road and about 40 mph and rpms screamin i heard what sounded like a boot popping off and a high pitched scream after that. I drove it back home and it stopped now my turbo sounds like to cats doin the dirty ha it makes a supercharger sound basically, I tried to do the ol boost leak check with the system pressurized and couldnt hear anything, could i have over looked something? i dont see a loss in power, not sure about boost tho, i dont have my gauge hooked up. What could the problem be? and if i were to get a new turbo is there a little bit bigger one that i could get to get a louder whistle/tiny bit more power?!? thanks guys! :help

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Acceptable turbo play is a little up and down shaft play, but not touching the housing at any point (not forced to see how far it moves at any time or it will ruin the bearings). And NO in and out shaft play.

If you want an aftermarket turbo that whistles but just a little more power look at the Cheetah Turbo's or a modified IHI with the Batmowheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.