Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post so please excuse if it is in the wrong place, already addressed, etc. I'll try to learn as I go! I have a 2004.5 LLY with 52K miles. First off, I'm running B100. Now I'm sure that will get lots of comments & they are welcomed if valid. I noticed some loss of power & thought (as many of you do) the bio has plugged my fuel filter. I changed the filter & immediately on start up the check engine light came on. I checked normal stuff like water sensor wires, etc. but all were OK. I took my truck to an O'Riellys for a scan. The code was P0046 & said Turbo boost control position performance. I though maybe it was just a coincidence since it came on when I changed the filter so I turned it off. On 2nd or 3rd startup it came on again. I checked the codes & got the P0046 & P2563 Turbo boost control position sensor performance. I contacted a diesel mechanic that seems to know his way around the Durmax. He said it was, in fact, the turbo vane position sensor & if I replaced it all would be well. After finding the part ($360) I installed it. No light... for about 2 minutes. I checked the codes again. P0046, P2563 plus P0299 (don't know what that one is). So, my question is, what's next. I simply cannot afford to just throwing $$ at the truck. If it is actually related to the biodiesel, I'll go back to dino diesel but very reluctantly. Please help & thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took truck to dealership today. They said I have a stuck turbo. It was not the turbo vane position sensor. So, if anyone needs a new one less just a few hours, PM me. Maybe I can hook ya up

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I know these posts are over a year old but I'm wondering is there a fix for the "stuck turbo" or is the repair a new turbo? I am having similar issues.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
If the vanes are actually stuck then time for a new turbo. and start running it harder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have the same issue with a truck i am currently working on. how can you check or test if the vanes are actually stuck or if the sensor is bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts