Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright my turbo is blown i have a new aurora 4000 on order but it wont be here till next tuesday. i have to get back and forth to work but it is running like shit. how do i bypass the turbo so i can drive it?

HELP MEEE

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't think you can? Is your blown turbo still on? Plus it's gonna smoke like a big dog.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not worried about the smoke and ya its still on till i can by pass it or restrict the boost gain on it. its a stock turbo with a big head waste gate. the smoke is just wasted money but it runs like and sounds like shit with it running all blown up. there is pieces rolling around.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
this is the best smoke thread I have seen to date...someone actually took the bypass turbo stuff to heart

ohhh and OP dude park your truck till you get the new hair dryer air pushy spinny thing.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
also I think duct tape needs to be bought into this equation....this problem really needs some duct tape thrown in to help solve it

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
yeaaaaa boooiiiiii... ask these fellas! :gearjamin

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
<--- winzzz again :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
im not worried about the smoke and ya its still on till i can by pass it or restrict the boost gain on it. its a stock turbo with a big head waste gate. the smoke is just wasted money but it runs like and sounds like shit with it running all blown up. there is pieces rolling around.
I would not drive it at all with pieces rattling around in the turbo, that can cause a whole mess of problems, including, bent valve train, holes in pistons, ect.... SO yea park that bad boy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for 1 gob_lly go f off i am not trying to make smoke trying to limp it along to get to work if i rent a car no turbo it is taking all the savings for now. so anyone have any good input or just a bunch of bs internet trash talkers?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Well here is the obvious answer.... get a ride from a friend... coworker... family member... hell even the town drunk.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
hunter_duramax said:
anyone have any good input or just a bunch of bs internet trash talkers?
I'm gonna say the question is so absurdly stupid you won't get a real on the level answer given your attitude. How about try this, park your truck before having a fuk'd turbo is the least of your problems.

As for how you get to work you should be able to figure that one out yourself, you're a big boy and I'm sure you got it

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
+1 ^^^

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The real answer is park it. There really is no way. Sorry I know its not what you wanna hear

·
Banned
17,252 Posts
for 1 gob_lly go f off i am not trying to make smoke trying to limp it along to get to work if i rent a car no turbo it is taking all the savings for now. so anyone have any good input or just a bunch of bs internet trash talkers?
Quit crying and go take your turbo off. Sure, you can drive it, but don't come running to the forum when your engine takes a shit.

In your case, your thinking harder, not smarter.. :rof

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Wow, OP, you won't win a lot of help with that attitude.

First everybody is concerned about your engine, this can quickly be a 6-20k repair if the turbo pieces get sucked into a cylinder. That is why they say don't drive it. Or imagine it seizing, what does that do when the exhaust has no where to go, hmmm..

Sure you can remove the turbo, but how are you going to re-pipe the exhaust and intake?

This is not feasible or a good idea. Trust me, if your engine goes you could have bought the rental car before your truck will be back on the road.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts