Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 crew long and it seems that the turbo "hiccups" sometimes, usually when it is under a load. (possibly a turbo leak???) I have the edge juice W/attitude. but it did do it when i was driving it home from the dealer ship new. (and does it when I put it in level 0 or stock) Any suggestions or anyone with a similar problem, its really annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own an 05 GMC crew/short bed and it does the exact same thing. It is pretty annoying considering the premium we paid for the engine in the first place. The dealer says there is currently no fix but GM acknowledges there is a "problem", and may issue a bulletin later. I intend to make as much noise about is as possible in hopes "the squeeky wheel get's the grease". Maybe if enough people complain about it they will be forced to find a fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me too

I have an 05 crew cab long bed also. And mine does it around the 2000 rpm range. Not when I have my bullydog system above stock. I was told by K&N it is a 1 in 4 problem with some trucks. The ecu doesn't accomodate enough fuel or air or something.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
pro stk 145 said:
I have an 05 crew long and it seems that the turbo "hiccups" sometimes, usually when it is under a load. (possibly a turbo leak???) I have the edge juice W/attitude. but it did do it when i was driving it home from the dealer ship new. (and does it when I put it in level 0 or stock) Any suggestions or anyone with a similar problem, its really annoying.

Keep in mind that the Edge still advances the timing and has an affect on the engine even with the setting on 0. I remember reading something about it before on dieselplace.com. I can't remember what they said about it though. Is it happening during a shift of the transmission. The engine might be defueling too much between shifts.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
I do beleive that there is a gm reflash to eliminate the turbo bark conditions on llys but also the early versions of the juice for the lly caused it also because of the little bit of added boost they offered!

·
3,163 Posts
This is not a new reflash it has been out a while,THere have been a few reflashes to try and fix turbo barking and surging maybe try calling another dealer? Another way to fix it is to block your egr valve off as it causes the turbo bark especally if you are running more than stock boost with a early edge version!

Caleb

·
Registered
7 Posts
No edge here

Yeah, I called my dealership, they never returned my call. I am running a K&N cold air intake (that is when I first noticed the "hiccup"/"bark"), also a custom 4" turbo back exhaust with a diesel flowmaster. I am also running the triple bully dog system with mag tec diff cover and tranny cover. Other than that and my torsion key lift it is stock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fill out your signature then you dont have to list all you stuff

·
Registered
352 Posts
What does this bark sound like?

·
3,163 Posts
The best wat i can is explain it is when the engine is under load and making good boost if you lift off of the throtle to quick the turbo will make a chirp chirp chirp sound but with vvturbo and the egr on the lly they will also do it under much less extreeme conditionds such as a transmission upshif or down shift, or even little things like grade changes in the road that will cause load and throtle position to change on a few trucks!

You will notice this sound much more with an open air intake and a open exhaust on your truck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't had my truck bark since I got the Edge updated to v1.5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts