Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post delete, there is a loud howling noise when backing off the throttle, which I understand is typical. However I find it super annoying especially when pulling into a campground at 10pm.. I put in a 24" muffler but that only took it down by 30% or so.

Anybody have a good muffler or resonator solution?

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
They are loud with a full straight pipe on them. Play around with different muffler brands, as well as closer/further away from the turbo. Usually the closer to the turbo the better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Post delete, there is a loud howling noise when backing off the throttle, which I understand is typical. However I find it super annoying especially when pulling into a campground at 10pm.. I put in a 24" muffler but that only took it down by 30% or so.

Anybody have a good muffler or resonator solution?

I put the catalytic converter back on my truck. Took the turbo whine out and had no effect on performance or EGTs. Plus was that it took the strong diesel smell out too. It has a more rumble sound to the exhaust. I put it in where the muffler was. It isn’t loud either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: guyofthewest
1 - 4 of 4 Posts