Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So If i am going down the highway around 65 my turbo goes up and down between 5 and 6 psi with and without the cruise on. I also notice it when i accelerate it will jump up a couple psi and then go down and go up couple psi agian then back up and my foot is steady. Let me know what you guys think thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Thats pretty normal. Could be something as simple as wind resistance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
im having the same issue.....even at a steady acceleration from 0-60km/h or under a steady load going up a hill at a constant speed it sounds like the turbo surges a bit...cant see much of an rpm increase or power increase just a surging turbo

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like it just stared thought I drive to on the highway everyday to the same place and never noticed it before .

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im having the same issue.....even at a steady acceleration from 0-60km/h or under a steady load going up a hill at a constant speed it sounds like the turbo surges a bit...cant see much of an rpm increase or power increase just a surging turbo
Ya that is excatly what mine is doing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i figured it might have something to do with the vanes as i can hear the vanes opening and closing repeatedly at idle......i remember hearing something about the vanes doing that as a self cleaning kind of thing but it shouldnt happen all the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.