Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 lmm ppe(hot 2 race), shift kit, and strait pipe

i been thinking about getting a new turbo i been looking at Ats ,or ppe and twins too just not sure. is there any other ones that would be good and would it help my fuel mileage out ?

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
Twins are the way to go for a daily driver, I've run multiple different single chargers and multiple different twin setups and there is no comparison if they are setup right with good tuning.

As for mileage, you're not really going to see a gain. Although quicker spoolup should translate to better mileage with good tuning, most stay the same with mileage until doing comparisons while towing where 2-3mpg gains seem to be the norm with twins.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I have a 4094vvt which is basically a step up from the stock charger, its a great turbo but I'm not totally happy with the small amount of turbo lag it has. If I was to do it all over again I would twin over the stock turbo with a kit from SDP. I havent bought a single thing from Scott but from the kits I have seen on this forum and happy customers I'm sold on his kits

I could twin over my 4094 with a s480 but my motor would last like 2 minutes

·
BANNED
789 Posts
i have a 07 lmm ppe(hot 2 race), shift kit, and strait pipe

i been thinking about getting a new turbo i been looking at Ats ,or ppe and twins too just not sure. is there any other ones that would be good and would it help my fuel mileage out ?
You need a built trans before a turbo :drink

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^x2

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i been looking more at the twins i think thats what ill get do you know about how much more power they put out? and is there any other mod that i might what do look at getting other then a tranny. and im going to get a Ats tranny or put the ppe kit in it not sure yet

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Lift pump..efilive..
Those are kind of a must to make good power..
And depends on what size twins you get. You can have enough air to make some big power, or have a normal size set that will still make big power. Talk to Scott (the guy who posted above) his kits are great I hear. I just got my egr delete from him and he has some top notch stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts