Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a turbo for my 03 i don;t see any racing the the future but it could happen.i have a built trans and head studs should be in by friday if my heads check out.. just wondering if anyone can help me out in picking one thanks very much

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do tow the odd time. but mostly street. also i would liek some reliable i am running efi live right now and my exhaust temps do get up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
power is always nice.....it will peak over 1600 on a wide open run and when towing its at between 900 and 1000

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
power is always nice.....it will peak over 1600 on a wide open run and when towing its at between 900 and 1000
900-1000 is not bad at all for towing

1600+ on a wide open run isnt really bad either...how big of a tune are you running? is that a max effort tune?

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
Twins are the best thing I could find to lower egt's. I used to peg the 1600* gauge but I've yet to see over 1275* with twins, the power is definitely there too. Let me know if you'd like some pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Twins are the best thing I could find to lower egt's. I used to peg the 1600* gauge but I've yet to see over 1275* with twins, the power is definitely there too. Let me know if you'd like some pricing.
yep twins are the best bet really when towing. if your looking for a cheaper options we do have 2 LB7 turbo upgrades aswell that are very affordible

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your twin kits look awsome!!i run part time on the street and other times in the bush do you think they would be safe to run in at times extreme dust conditions?????

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
The filter is in nearly the same position as stock but a bit lower, I think it would be just fine with a dryflow filter that wouldn't hold the dust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a built trans and head studs alogn with a ppe lift pump so what would you suggest for a kit? and what price would i be looking at??

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
The S475 works well with the stock turbo, I'll send you a PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts