Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pluged my resivior and i do notice a pretty nice difference in sound.
i also noticed more of a deeper rumble noise.
is it just my immagination? hearing things i WANT to hear lol?:cookoo[1]:

OR is it really sounding different. also does anyone ever replace the plug? will pieces deteriorate and get sucked into my turbo?

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you have the plug with the wing nut, get rid of it immediately. Go with what DuraSkank is talking about or the DRP resonator delete plug from Alligator Performance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can someone inform me why the resonator is bad plz?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can someone inform me why the resonator is bad plz?
Theres been talk that the resonator can get hot and crack, allowing dirt and crap to get sucked into the turbo and cause destruction. Never actually saw this happen to anyone though..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Most guys do it for the sound. Holton at alligator performance told me something about helping control turbo bark but I don't remember if plugging it made it worse or better. Maybe he'll chime in and explain it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh ok well just wondering, I just ordered a plug from alligator along with the pcv re route kit, and I am new to duramaxs so I'm trying to learn.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ive never heard of any performance increase at all. No benefits of doing this other than look in my book. I mean, maybe it will increase noise a tiny bit, but nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i think i've noticed more low psi turbo noise and when you let off the gas the excess pressure being dumped seems louder.

i'm happy with the billet plug, makes the whole engine compartment look cleaner and you could see where my stock PCV system was blowing oil all over the bay :( i need to get it steamcleaned

1 - 14 of 14 Posts