Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my truck everyone says I need to pull out the restrictor plate out of my turbo. Is this something I do need to do? And if so what are the positive/negative effects?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
NO-- that was for some Cummins turbos. The Duramax has a variable Vane system and works very efficient. Nothing to do-- enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about a PPE Boost Valve? Ive heard 5-10 more psi of boost, but nothing about them on the LMMs.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
What about a PPE Boost Valve? Ive heard 5-10 more psi of boost, but nothing about them on the LMMs.
boost valve is for the older LB7 turbos anything newer works much differently and doesnt have a wastegate

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK sweet. Thanks for the response.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Glad to see you post before buying anything.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The woulda been bad if you got in there and didn't find anything! You need to start talking to duramax guys! Or us :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The woulda been bad if you got in there and didn't find anything! You need to start talking to duramax guys! Or us :)
Haha your right! I'll tell you I've worked on gas burners all my life and when I got my LMM I didn't know a thing about it. The last three days ive been on this forum non stop and I swear Ive learned soo much!

-Again thanks guys and chevy/gmc duramax forum!!

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
welcome to the duramax world

1 - 9 of 9 Posts