Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the Geek Squad at Best Buy install a Viper security/keyless entry on my 02. There is a feature that utilizes the system for a turbo timer. it is able to be set at 1,3 or 5 minutes. When using the system it continues to run with the key out of ignition, but it is almost like the ignition is still on when the truck turns off at the timer. The radio and such stays on as if you turned the truck off and didnt open the doors. Is there a setting that can be changed at home or at the dealer ship to have everything turn off with the turbo timer. I am looking to utilize the turbo timer on a regular basis with the comfort of walking away from the truck for hours and know that I will not come back to drained batteries. Thanx.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
my remote start does the same thing. I bet all your accessories will shut off right away if you open the door. It is normal as far as I know

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah after like 10 minutes the truck auto shuts off the radio and stuff so as to save battery. The newer trucks will even shut off sooner if the batteries are low, so i bet you'll be fine

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the BD Diesel cool down timer, and if I take out the key, everything continues to work like nothing is different. The truck runs for 2 minutes in my case, then turns off. If I tap the brake pedal, the system is overridden and the truck turns off at that time, regardless of how much time is left. At that time, I continue to have power to all my accessories as if I had just turned off the truck myself for 10 minutes, so basically I have RAP for 12 minutes after I take the key out and then everything shuts down and there is no more battery drain.

I use it all the time and it works great. I never worry about security with it running and walking away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts