Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I have a 2006 GMC 2500 HD with a stock LBZ, minus a 4 inch straight pipe. Unfortunately, the turbo has had it and I need to replace it.

The question: Has anyone found any benefit running an upgraded VGT turbo with a stock tune? The truck hauls a 12,000-14,000 lb trailer (weight depends on number of horses 馃榿 ) so I was curious if anyone had any suggestions or experience, and if it is worth upgrading, or just stick to stock. I have no plans to tune the truck - just looking to put it back to work.

Thanks for looking!

Registered
2009 Chevy 2500 LMM
You can run a stock improved turbo which is probably best bet if not wanting to tune it and stuff like that. It is just a drop in turbo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can run a stock improved turbo which is probably best bet if not wanting to tune it and stuff like that. It is just a drop in turbo.
Thanks for the reply. I reached out to Dan's Diesel Performance and Dan said I could drop in a stage 1 or stage 2 without having to tune the truck. XDP said the same thing. I'd still see some performance increase (torque, EGT's) even without a custom tune. So, sounds like a stage 1 is in my future!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts