Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a preference???........I'd like to eventually take this step but want to research it as much as I can before deciding which way to go......I occasionally pull a 4 horse gooseneck that may get to 10,000 pounds.......Mostly used as a grocery getter......We do intend on eventually pulling more frequently when time allows...... I by no means work the truck hard compared to what I've seen some guys do but I would like to try to make it a little snappier and save a little on fuel if possible.......There are so many choices by so many different companies that it can be difficult to decide.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.........I wasn't sure if going turbo back would offer increased airflow over a cat back system......No more than I will work the truck a cat back would probably do me just fine so that is probably the way I will go........I only plan on doing the exhaust and airbox, no EDGE or the like.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may consider a programmer, but only for the increased fuel economy, and after I do the exhaust and airbox. I really don't need any more power since I don't work it that often, and when I do the worse it will pull is 12000 (4horse gooseneck fully loaded). It already pulls this trailer like there is nothing behind me. :peelout .....Thanks for the help. I'll probably do these upgrades over the next year or so and I'll try to keep things posted on here so people can see how my 05 LLY does with the upgrades I choose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.