Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
As far as exhausts go,I have the BullyDog cat-back on my 05'ext.cab. I spoke with many people and decided on the cat back to avoid engine codes for EGR. There are many ways around it but, the full exhaust didn't seem to offer any advantages over the cat-back other than noise. The cat on these things are wide open. If I were to make any recommendations I would suggest the Banks cat-back. It comes the the 4-bolt flange and fits flawlessly. Banks was a big factor when it came to my decision between full and cat-back systems. Being that they have made diesel performance parts for some time and they only offer the cat-back. Hope this helps.

· Registered
6 Posts
greendmax is also correct with removing only the muffler. The one advantage is the egt. with larger exhaust. you wouldn't think 1/2 inch in dia. would make any difference but it does. especially at highway speeds. There are a multitude of websites that you can research for the exhaust and the best price. here are a few: www.rpmoutlet.com, www.xtremediesel.com. The decision is ultimately up to you. Hope you have a Good Thanksgiving! :)

· Registered
6 Posts
upgrades

Cliff, I installed the edge e-z module,Aem brute force intake and bullydog cat back exhaust. I noticed little improvement without the tuner. I sold the ez module and installed the juice with attitude to add some levels of power and the gauges. I started monitoring the egt and decided to remove the cat. I had heard that it would throw an EGR code on some. I found out that certain designations would but here in the southeast region we haven't had any problems. It did make a difference in boost reponse and egt. The egt dropped by 190 degrees. Sounds better too. If I may also suggest an exhaust I would recommend MBRP or Banks. The bullydog doesn't install as easy as the others. If I didn't have a lift and welder and knowledge I would have never gotten this thing on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.