Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum! But I've looked around at a lot of websites and can't really find a solid answer or anything for this. I Have a 2010 LMM fully deleted back to a 7in stack and efi live. Along with an intake and yadda yadda...... Anyway I want to get a really loud turbo whistle but can't figure out what turbo wheel to get. No I don't want an aftermarket turbo but want a whistle like say a Fleece cheetah? It's in the turbo wheel its self. I guess what I'm asking is since the whistle is so loud(you can check it out on YouTube) im wondering if a 6 blade turbo wheel would help me achieve this? Or any other suggestions to help me achieve this? I've read mainly bad on the batmowheel so any input would help! Thanks!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Either way you will have to pull the turbo. With the batmowheel in the stocker you won't really see any performance gains. Danville performance gt3794 stg2 is a great drop in and definitely has the whistle your looking for

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
You don't have much info on your mods other than yadda, yadda.
Is the EGR blocked, deleted?
Does your EFI have hiss or rumble tunes.
I listened to the youtube video and what I heard didn't have much more whistle than what mine has with the stock turbo.
After I deleted the EGR my turbo whistle increased along with my rumble tune, I have the DE Downpipe and front pipe.
Its not much different turbo whistle than the Fleece in the video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for not being as detailed. Yes my egr is blocked. And I'm running a straight intake with a filter(no plastic box around my filter) and as goes for my EFI live I have both a rumble and a hiss tune. And I have 4in exhaust to a 7in stack fully deleted. I was just wandering if any particular drop in turbo wheel will give me a nice whistle. I'll attach a link for a reference on YouTube

http://youtu.be/fq7pfCnTteQ

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well I believe there are few out there. Batmowheel and wetzel wheel I think. Just buy one of those. It will give you whistle but that's about it from what I've heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.