Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 chevy duramax. Got it straight piped so the exhaust is loud...but I want the turbo to be louder. Is there a way to do this?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha. Maybe a cheaper option. Will a k & n do anything?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Don't buy a k&n. They have oiled filters and the oil gets on the Maf sensor and causes it to go looney.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
The stock lb7 turbo just doesn't whistle like the vvt on the lly+ models. I personally prefer the sound of the straight lb7 exhaust to that turbo whistle on the newer trucks.

oh and OVER oiling K&N causes issues. If you don't do that, it won't cause any problems

·
Registered
66 Posts
Turbo horn and intake from bills custom intakes...

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
I have a 2003 chevy duramax. Got it straight piped so the exhaust is loud...but I want the turbo to be louder. Is there a way to do this?
The BatMoWheel compressor wheel upgrades make the turbo a good bit louder if that is what you're after, they also spool quicker too!

·
Registered
872 Posts
The BatMoWheel compressor wheel upgrades make the turbo a good bit louder if that is what you're after, they also spool quicker too!
does anyone have a video or sound clip of a stock turbo with a batmo wheel installed?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
^ I am wondering this too

Also scott what is the price on the LB7 Batmo?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Subscribed.... I'm in the process of taking my turbo horn off to see if my wheel has any play in it or marks on the fins, to see if I can find out what the hell that sound is coming from the turbo.. Those 3 bolts are a pain in the ass.. I started late and only got the top bolt out before it got dark and the skeeters came out, plus I need a longer 1/4" extension and a magnet so I don;t drop them damn bolts lol.... Thinking the bearing is shot, thats what it sounds like :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
starting the batmo wheel install, waterpump friday night, ill try and get a video on here next week if all goes well. The profabs intake horn and turbo pipe makes a noticable differnce in sound with a aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
^ I am wondering this too

Also scott what is the price on the LB7 Batmo?
$399 shipped.... Theres a thread on here about it if you search "turbo horn"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts