Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Irish man
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what is a good choice for a little bigger turbo for heavy towing and mild street playing I have an 06 LBZ or should I look into twins? trans in a few weeks:help

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Twins Lol:D

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
yeah that would be a great idea

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
it is an s300 series with a 66mm compressor wheel,with an internal wastegate, spools fast and flows more than stock. that is what my high pressure turbo is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would put a twin kit on the truck. Reuse the factory one for the quick spool up and run a bigger one behind it for more air flow and hp.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well heavy towing and mild playing don't go together with a larger turbo! LoL. Twins will work best in that application. The stocker over an S475 by MPI or II will be plenty of power. I wouldn't do the HTT over the S480 unless you plan on building the motor.

ALSO. I notice that you only have a transgo junior. You need to look into a transmission first and efi live. That may be the power you are looking for. You can get a trans and do efi live and reach 500-530 on stock turbo. Then if you want more go with a turbo, but most defiently look at suncoast and ats for a trans before purchasing a turbo. That Transgo junior isn't going to hold any power level with any turbo.

Jon

·
Irish man
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I appreciate feed back RObs Efi is on the way and if things goes well Gmax 6 and 1056 converter in 2 months so I am making more plans for the future twins most likely

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Just like everyone else said, twins would be your best option, and Rob is the man for tuning these trucks with twins. I should have something available for you by the time you're ready.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Just like everyone else said, twins would be your best option, and Rob is the man for tuning these trucks with twins. I should have something available for you by the time you're ready.
and me tooo?

·
Irish man
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right on I am looking forword to trans and twins here in hawaii I only know of one guy with twins and he lives on another island his is an pretty killer LB7 the rest are cummins afew of them around I want my own!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts