Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i thought it was the turbo but now im kinda second guessing myself... does anybody know what makes some truck have a really high pitch whisle, not all of them do it but iv heard a couple... if a certin mod could you explain it to me? thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its from the engine and i think on the drivers side.. i heard one powerstroke do it yesterday and only a hand full of dmaxs.. but haha it sounds badass.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Try checking the intercooler boots and are if there is any holes or cuts on them

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
well your lb7 is a fixed turbo so it doesnt have any turbo vains that create the whistle.
Right, 6.0 PS's and 04.5 and up dmaxs have the VNT turbos, whistl;e is much more noticeable on them!!

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
to make the IHI whistle louder youll want to have a ported intake horn which i can get you. it makes a huge difference and it spools a few 100 RPM's faster. i also will have a compressor wheel upgrade availible soon after they ge tested alittle which will help spoolup, whistle, and flow more air and high PSI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts