Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the turbonetics BOV? I know they dont really do much as far as performance goes, and yes they do sound cool but would it help with turbo bark? If it does i would say that its money well spent being that the turbonetics is only around 250 bucks. Also how much of a pain is it to DIY?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I think I looked into them before I bought my BD, it was like 250 for the valve and another 3 for the electronics.... Ended up being the same price as the BD

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I looked into them before I bought my BD, it was like 250 for the valve and another 3 for the electronics.... Ended up being the same price as the BD
Oh damn i didnt realize u had to buy electronics with it to. So how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
BD one isn't bad at all once it's welded to the pipe.... Electronic wiring is pretty easy

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i might have a BOV setup i would sell. it doesnt require any electrical bs. uses drive pressure

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
i might have a BOV setup i would sell. it doesnt require any electrical bs. uses drive pressure
What you have? How much? Thought it had to be electrical on D-Max,s?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Its a Greddy BOV. There is a few guys running blow off valves using drive pressure (since there is always more drive pressure than boost while on the throttle) to keep the valve closed and when you let out (drive pressure drops instantly) the boost blows the valve open. you basically run a copper tube from your exhaust manifold, wrap it around your AC line to cool off the gasses, connect a plastic tube to the copper tube, connect the plastic tube to the top inlet on the BOV. PM me if you want more details

·
Registered
94 Posts
dirtymaxx03 do u ever come to boerne. do u run this bov on ur truck?

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
Cooling the copper tube w/ the a/c lines wouldn't really work in the winter if you didn't live down south

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
dirtymaxx03 do u ever come to boerne. do u run this bov on ur truck?
no its not on my truck
Cooling the copper tube w/ the a/c lines wouldn't really work in the winter if you didn't live down south
if its 40* outside i think the air on the copper line would cool it enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts