Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to solve some other issues ive been having I disconnected both batteries to let the comp reset. I hooked both batteries back up the following morning and started the truck and moved it. The next day I went to start the truck and I get nothing. The dash, headlights radio work fine. I checked the fuses and didnt see any blown.. Im sure im over looking something simple that could cause this?? any ideas?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
How old are your batteries? I'm sure you double checked to make sure the cables were tight. My parent's had a battery go bad in a car and it acted just like you are describing. We went into a resteraunt to eat and came out and there wasn't eve a clicking noise. We got a jump and the car ran fine, but if you shut it off, it would not restart. My guess is a bad battery or both. Either way, if you change one, change the other at the same time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My old truck did the same thing as both you described, and the post on the back of the selinoid had burnt out and actually came out of the selinoid I jumped it once and ran fine thought battery was just dead. started fine for another week and then one day it wouldnt start again this time I couldnt jump it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts