Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i am a ford guy but saw a 3500 pulling out a big buggy and truck all at once anf had to have one. I ordered a new one so i can have it my way. I pick it up tommorow. I have heard of some good fuel mileage reports was wondering what i should look forward to. I know the filter fluid is a little expensive and i will be useing alot of it. I want to do exahaust first but it seems the banks runs the coolest anybody use anything on the new 11 trucks yet. It will be used for towing and daily driveing. A dully crew cab long bed 4x4.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Banks isn't the most popular tuner here. There are better options that are cheaper. If you are talking about getting a 2011 or 2012 LML, there aren't many tuners available right now and you will need one if you want to do an exhaust.. H&S Black Maxx comes to mind though.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Don't buy banks, it's a waste of money, good products but not worth the money.
2011+ trucks are very limited right now with what you can change on them. H&s is what I'd consider the best tuner out (right now)for the 2011+ models.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I agree with firefighter, H&S is the best way to go as far as programmers on the new LML's. What color/options did you go with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got all options but had to order it because i hate leather all my trucks are always white so my color schems of lifts etc arent limited. Replaceing my 2500 6.0 gas whicj is a great truck but only about 5mpg no matter towing or empty greta truck but wanted a dully for better stability when toweing.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Don't buy banks, it's a waste of money, good products but not worth the money.
2011+ trucks are very limited right now with what you can change on them. H&s is what I'd consider the best tuner out (right now)for the 2011+ models.
I totaly disagree.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can expect 14 mpg combined and 17-19mpg hwy depending on how fast you drive. Banks makes excellent products especially if you want to retain your emissions control. The 2011/12 has very limited options for tuners at this moment and only time will tell how many other companies will produce other tuning devices. Exhaust changes are not needed unless you are going to do a DPF removal as that is where the bottleneck is. I too just made the switch from Ford and I couldn't be more pleased that I did, these Duramax/Allison trucks are fabulous!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome. The DEF(Diesel exhaust fluid) is not for the exhaust filter(DPF), it is used to reduce NOx emissions instead of EGR(exhaust gas recurculation). The fluid is not that expensive, cost about $40 every 5000 miles. The fuel savings you get from the "fluid" will far outwiegh the cost of the "fluid"(DEF). The main reason the fluid gives you better fuel economy is that since it reduces the use of EGR(less soot to DPF), the LML engine regens at least 50% less than the previous lmm without DEF. You are going to love the new Dmax, they are a beast in stock form, i recommend keeping it that way for Warranty and reliability.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Leave it stock or remove DPF/SCR all together IMO. Tuners are tracked and putting a tuner on will void your warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info im going to leave it stock and just put a nice tip on it. Going to concentrarte on the out side apperance instead lift and wheels and tires here we come

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Leave it stock. its not worth the trouble of changing the exhaust and chipping it. I dont know about the rest of you but in Tucson the dealers like to push anything the can back on the owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts