Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck is getting that 100k sag to the front just put 265's on today headed in in mornin for alignment my buddy said we can turn the bars up some and get the sag out but dont want truck level because of the loads i pull some times

guess what im after is what will 3-4 full turns of the bolts do or should we go 2-3 turns dont need the lift to clear tires just want the sag and a little height back

looks good with the 265's but will lookl better when front is back rite

thanks justin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would measure the fenderwell height and then adjust the bolts a couple turns and remeasure. To adjust them I find it best to take the weight off the suspension, adjust, set the truck back down and jounce it. Then check the fender height again.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Mines on 265s also turned mine up 2 turns and its almost level so i would say 2 would do u just fine

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Eight full turns gave mine exactly 2". I would deduce that 4 full turns should give you 1".

I marked my bolt and made a mark on the cross member to correspond to it, just in case a wrench/socket slipped off the bolt.

I also measured mine; front and back; ground to top of fender well. I left my back about 1/2" higher.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I went like 8 turns and the bolt is far from being all the way in. It didn't really do much to the height of mine but w/ puttin my plow on and off and using it she is starting to sag. Still in the same spot and the truck looks like its lower than stock in front. I have my 265's rub now!...

4" lift will fix that right up

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wanting to go up a LITTLE i carry a hundred gallons of fuel pretty much all the time a toolbox full and pull stuff like this

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i turned mine 4 turns and it Leveled it almost perfect

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
Wow the truck looks great with the bars cranked! I honestly cant say I agree with them up the hole way. You will have increased wear in the front suspention parts. But, looks good! :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
never new it but they where at 3/4 way up before this truck has a 100 plus just had its first alignment everything else good all they had to adjust was side to side just alittle very little truck has never ate up tires neither maybe just been lucky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.