Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Trans

Votes: 37 86.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm at a cross roads here, trying to decide what route to go with my truck. right now my truck still has the stock trans, so option 1 and 2 are on with the stocker for now, option 3 is keep the truck how it is and build the trans.

Option 1- SDP twins. Kit is $3,550 I assume I'll have another $500 or so in "contingencies" so lets call it $4,000. twins on a stock tranny for now

Option 2- what I'll call "maximize the stock charger" Intake, full EGR delete(only blocked now) and the batmoWheel. I'm figuring this option is around $1,000

Option 3- built trans, no more go fast for now.

The truck is my daily driver, with very occasional use to tow. I need the truck to maintain its reliability.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
trans

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
trans

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris where did you get your trans built? somewhere local?

·
Registered
968 Posts
trans

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Chris where did you get your trans built? somewhere local?
PowerMax in Salem, Ohio. There weren't any local options back then. I think Caleb is gonna be getting into building them soon however.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
see how far you are from bigdipper. it WILL be worth your time and the drive.

and yeah no point in doing either of those mods without a trans unfortunately

·
Registered
637 Posts
trans. George is the man .

·
Registered
510 Posts
Voted trans

·
Registered
968 Posts
BIG DIPPER "George Alexander" did mine, He is 20 min from me in baltimore md

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
trans for sure, batmowheel is cheap do it as well and get a blocker plate and save the full delete for later, get a lift pump and some max efi tunes and be happy for the time being then u can later twin over ur stocker and be even happier lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah I always forget about Big dipper being down in Md. I travel to DC all the time for work.

I might check with Caleb first. He is a stand up dude and came to my garage and got me out of a bind last year and didn't even want to charge me.

o ya forgot- I already have the egr blocked, and air dog 165, and Robs dsp-5 tuning.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Doing twins or modding the stock before upgrading the trans is like wiping before your poop...it makes no sense.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Excellent analogy Eric!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Doing twins or modding the stock before upgrading the trans is like wiping before your poop...it makes no sense.
Well said! :rof

Sent from my phone, probably while driving and eating a sammich

·
Registered
487 Posts
Trans, no question.
George is 10 min from me in Baltimore. I will pick up anyone from the forum that is gettin their trans built by George, and take them out for a beer while they wait.
My girl works at the Tilted Kilt ;) so we get special treatment :D

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
gotta be able to put the power to the ground! trans

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Trans hands down.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha love that analogy. Guess its trans hands down. Maybe I can still talk my old lady into a batmowheel for Xmas

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Haha love that analogy. Guess its trans hands down. Maybe I can still talk my old lady into a batmowheel for Xmas

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
ya for sure man its not very exspensive and you can do it urself and save labor and it will give u a little extra kick out of the stocker

1 - 20 of 27 Posts