Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got new u joints for my 04 chevy 2500 duramax for the ticking noise in the rear end....only problem is i dont know if its as simple to put them in as i think it is. any links or suggestions to help walk me through it?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
put it in a vice with a socket against the cap to compress it. It may take some serious cranking down on the vise and a torch to heat it up. Also if you dont have luck with that, either a cutting torch or a grinder with a cut-off wheel will work pretty well

·
Registered
969 Posts
put it in a vice with a socket against the cap to compress it. It may take some serious cranking down on the vise and a torch to heat it up. Also if you dont have luck with that, either a cutting torch or a grinder with a cut-off wheel will work pretty well
Heating an aluminum drive shaft is not the smartest thing JMO>

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
sorry if this is a thread jack but i have to replace mine also i have a bas squeeking noise

is there any company that make heavy duty ones or is that not something people even mess with? because if i have to replace them i wanna get the nicest thing

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts