Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm in the market for a set and see that you offer an alternative to the coginto kit. Sell me on your arms. What makes them better? What ball joints do they take? I have one truck with the cognito arms and I am happy with them but I am always up for new ideas.

Thanks
Marty

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
USAF if you get their awesome kryptonite uca I'd be interested in your cognitos!!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't be selling them. They are on my 2010 and these would go in my wife's 08.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not yet. I am still torn between them and the cognito's. Uncle Sam sent me out of the country so I have time to think about what to do.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Ok I'm in the market for a set and see that you offer an alternative to the coginto kit. Sell me on your arms. What makes them better? What ball joints do they take? I have one truck with the cognito arms and I am happy with them but I am always up for new ideas.

Thanks
Marty
Camburg racing hands down. Bigger uni ball made by a racing company that is great with customer service . Number 2 kryptonite makes great products all around .

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why would you not touch cognito? They seem to have a very good reputation on here.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wonder why he dont like cognito
im satisfied with my cognito uca's.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just ordered my Krypto UCA's today, I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just ordered my Krypto UCA's today, I will let you know how it goes.
Do you know the difference between the krypto's and the traditional uca's? Is it the toughness? I can imagine that the boxed design is stronger than the tubular?
Did you stay with your factory shocks? And how much more are they than the others?

Keep us posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
603 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/suspension-steering/178242-kryptonite-arms.html

Here are mine, cognito makes kryptonite. They have moog ball joints and a badass warranty if you can break them, they'll send you a new set. Even if it happened in a wreck or you were playing baja truck.

USAF, I think it was you I sent pictures to with a tape measure laid across them?
Yeah, they must be designed tougher, I don't off road my truck, just want to level the front and keep/improve the ride.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it was me but I have not had a chance to order any yet. Money is tied up in a business adventure and a new big block for my race truck.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do you know the difference between the krypto's and the traditional uca's? Is it the toughness? I can imagine that the boxed design is stronger than the tubular?
Did you stay with your factory shocks? And how much more are they than the others?

Keep us posted.

Yes they are tougher anything krypto is beefy as hell. I already have the bilstein 5100 plus I have lowered my truck an inch. Once these tires wear out I will lower it some more. $479+ ship. Moogs are $125-$159 depending on whether or not you want the extra 2 degrees of camber.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Blackmax that's a killer color. Did you powder coat them? If I wasn't in such a hurry to put mine on I would prob go with yellow on mine. Which after seeing yours I might have to wait

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes they are tougher anything krypto is beefy as hell. I already have the bilstein 5100 plus I have lowered my truck an inch. Once these tires wear out I will lower it some more. $479+ ship. Moogs are $125-$159 depending on whether or not you want the extra 2 degrees of camber.
Ok kinda what I thought...I just need a level and better geometry. I got quoted $610 for cognito uca's and the keys shipped.
That a decent price?

·
Registered
404 Posts
From where? I know willie at synthetic motors ports is the cheapest I found just didn't have but one in stock and it would have been Monday before they shipped and I am in a hurry because my joints are fucked

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts