Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a udp fuel filter adapter and can not get it threaded on!! It seems to start threading but always is crooked when it does has anyone run into this problem!!

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
So out of all the people that I've looked at this thread nobody has had this issue
You might've got a defective one. I'm pretty sure they fit test them before shipping out. I took my filter head off and rebuilt it and put the adapter on outside the truck. Maybe that would help if you took the head off? If you can't get it I would get with UDP and get another one coming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had read somewhere that from factory they have seen filter heads that are perfectly round... Not sure if thats fact but I say take it off and do it off the truck.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Im having the same problem now, did you ever figure it out?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I know the Alligator adapters had this issue, now UDP too...wtf.

I'd return/exchange it for a good one or get a Nicktane adapter.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was hoping i did something wrong, but i guess ill be giving udp a call tomorrow

·
I'm That Guy...
16,751 Posts
I would call UDP and they'll get it figured out for you. Last thing I heard was the issue is with how the fuel filter housing is cast.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine was very difficult to get the threads started straight. Probably tried and tried for 25 minutes and it finally went on. Best I could tell, the small o-ring was extremely tight and loosened up just enough after working with it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,751 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I see all these issues with these adapters and I have been running a Nicktane from Dane at Madjack for over a year now and no issues.

·
Registered
923 Posts
People will say the same about UDP, but of course, i get hit with this. they already said they would send me another. So we will see if the new one is any better

·
Registered
428 Posts
Changed my fuel filter today and the UDP adapter come off with the Cat filter just like the ADP. No chance I was getting the UDP back on without removing the filter head, so the ADP went back on.

Does the Nicktane spin off with the Cat filter every time? Hell, I even bought the "special wrench" from UDP to tighten it more. I have tried grease on the Cat gasket and under tightening it and still every time the adapter comes off.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
The way I did mine was took a pair of big channel locks and tightened the adapter up a little more than I could by hand. My cat filter gasket gets oiled with just regular motor oil and put on ONE turn past touching. Spin the filter on until it touches, then only take it one turn past that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok to everyone that asked if i solved the issue the answere is NO! Underground basically said f#%$ you and wouldnt even send me a new one! My advise is spend the money and get a nick tane it went on really easy and i have had no issues! I will never buy anything from them again. Only thing is make sure you take out the ball and spring with the nicktane before install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only thing i noticed and havent figured out yet is that after i installed the adapter i noticed that under WOT my desired fuel rail pressure goes negative while actual is normal. Just driving around normal though the two stay the same. Any input anybody? I already have an active thread on this issue but still no certain answer..... I just bought a FASS titanium series 150 two days ago just incase.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hmmmm... I called UDP on Saturday and he told me he would gladly send me a new one, or if it didn't seem to fix the problem , return it. Hopefully we can get it figured out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts