Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is old news but I have to say i'm amazed at how much better my truck runs and idles on 2# LSD.

I found a place in town that still stocks LSD and boy am i glad i'm getting more miles out of a tank of fuel.

I knew there was a big different in the PPM between the two but 500 vs 15 thats huge.

Ok my pointless comment is done i was just jazzed to find some good old LSD truck seems much more happy now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i am a huge fan of LSD i cant find around me anymore. so when i go out of state i love it

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I got to put LSD in my truck on my way to SC. And I gained 2 mpg on the Highway...it was fantastic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kinda makes me mad they are trying to push that ulsd crap.

i wonder if ulsd will effect life span

·
Registered
47 Posts
All of the research carried out by the US Govt and independent researchers for the manufacturers shows that using LSD will not cause FAILURE of the DPF, but it will cause it to gradually lose efficiency so that it's effective life (120,000 miles) will be reduced. This doesn't mean you won't be able to drive past the point of "effective life" - it just means that the emissions will no longer meet legal requirements.

The research shows that changes in the DPF are barely noticeable after 400 engine hours and it takes at least 50,000 miles of driving with LSD to reduce the efficiency of the DPF below ideal levels.

Go here to read the threads and find links to the research:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...83#post2010583

If a dealer claims that a DPF has been destroyed by using LSD that dealer is either deliberately lying or, more likely, doesn't know the facts. DPFs, if they fail, are more likely to fail from thermal shock, not from using LSD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
is it ulsd that is usually at truck stops? whats the difference

·
Registered
47 Posts
All diesel pumps have to be clearly marked whether they dispense ulsd or something else but almost all pumps now dispense ulsd. There are some Murphy stations still selling lsd through WalMart outlets and recently some Flying Js still had a choice of ulsd or lsd but the game is pretty much over. Canada is 100% ulsd and almost everywhere in the States is also ulsd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts