Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No regional forum covering Baja, so this is the next closest thing. I'm looking at picking up a 15-16 LML powered truck to pull a boat down in our place in Cabo. Does anybody know definitively if the diesel at the pump in Baja Sur is ULSD? And If it's not, If i delete the truck, would that prevent any of the issues that could be caused by using non ULSD. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
No regional forum covering Baja, so this is the next closest thing. I'm looking at picking up a 15-16 LML powered truck to pull a boat down in our place in Cabo. Does anybody know definitively if the diesel at the pump in Baja Sur is ULSD? And If it's not, If i delete the truck, would that prevent any of the issues that could be caused by using non ULSD. Thanks guys
Your other post is much more likely to get views in the LML section of the forum. To add to what i said there, US ULSD does not meet the requirements of the pump in the LML truck as build by Bosch. The pump is designed to run European diesel which does not have the same restrictions as our fuel in the US. The diesel you would get in mexico would, excluding issues in contamination from the station, work as well or better in your truck than US highway diesel as it will lubricate better than ULSD.

On a deleted truck, 100% no issues, on a non deleted truck, 99.99% no issues. I dont say 100% on the emissions truck because while i doubt it would contribute to faster soot buildup in the DPF, you never know. I do not think it would damage anything though, at worst you might have more frequent regens, but even that i doubt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts