Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any issues yet with the ULSD? guys here in washington in the cummins are having injectors serviced and going through injection pumps at a high rate. the powerstroke guys have been blowing tips off the injectors? havent heard anything yet of something like this happening to a duramax but it makes me scared and concerned.
the ford and dodge guys are adding 1 qt TC-W3 outboard (2-stroke) oil per Tank. think i should start investing in this stuff? i just dont want to have problems from this crap diesel

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I've been rinning ulsd for close to 4 months now at about 1 tank (32 Gal) a week with no issues, but i do also run power service additive in the fuel also evey tank, same thing goes for the auto truck!!

I dont recomend the two stroke oil, or trans fluid or motor oil to be added to the fuel in common rail injection trucks ( 01+ gm or 03+dodge ), the injection systems are to delicate!

Hope this helps,
Caleb

·
Registered
86 Posts
The local hangout for oil burners, Scheid Diesel, is an authorized repair center for Navistar, Duramax, Cummins, CAT, John Deere, and all other mfgrs. They say they have not seen a jump in engine issues after the introduction of ULSD. The emphasize the importance of keeping the fuel system clean and changing filters often.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have been runnign the new diesel for about 6 months and have not had a problem and while i am still on mom and dads payroll(and fuel card) i use about 2-3tanks per week and have not had a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts